How Ants Make Their Nest?

| November 8, 2009

Ants are very industrious insects in which many people in the world expressed ants’ attitude and behavior in proverbs and pithy words. In fact, in al-Quran (muslim book) itself there was already a devoted one chapter which is called an ant (an-Naml in arabic). Being a small creature with only 2 stomachs and 3 eyes, they can lift the burden of double of their weight. Let us see why the ants are very heralded by many people and cultures. This experiment has been carried out by the investigation unit at NASA in Florida, USA, in which NASA wants to see how ants make their nests.

First, ants are placed in a closed container seen as an aquarium with only a light illuminated by ultra violet (light purple representing the sun) and the transparent medium gel (having the properties of minerals and nutrients as the soil).

After a few minutes away passed, ants were beginning to work, making the holes of small colonies to help other ants move in the “land”. These ants from my opinion want to escape from the hot sun.

As a result, it forms various types of small alleys connecting roads in the soil which is indeed a very unique arts. If we see the container from afar, oh God! it is very beautiful and creative architecture. Let’s take an example of their diligence and creativity and apply in our day life. Plus, they are also seen to work closely together to achieve their goal of making their nests for comfortable.

Source: Melayu Kini

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Featured, Science

About the Author ()

Comments (130)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. I appreciate you taking the time to post these pictures. Talk about cool creatures! Ants are crazy

2. Ants are one of the most hardworking animals.Thats nice to know how they build their nests.Will look after for some more updates.

3. how cool looks. This aquarium can house and deliver. And it will be very good looking.

4. how ants work together to create their colony. This illustration and experiment is so cool. Thank you for sharing this great photos.

5. Vad says:

I appreciate you taking the time to post these pictures. Talk about cool creatures! Ants are crazy.
    _________________________________________

Russian brides

6. Nice pictures I never knew this information about ants.

7. karlos says:

“…it is very beautiful and creative architecture. Let’s take an example of their diligence and creativity and apply in our day life…”

and we’ll all live in a better World.

Thanks
    Karlos

8. Juuksed says:

The collection is very good & amazing. Nice one to hold upon this.

9. septic tanks says:

Amber’s distraught at school, telling Steve that everyone at school and in the family hate her, and she cries as he tries to comfort her.

10. Ants are one of the most amazing creatures God has ever created.

11. shoes online says:

Ants Teach Discipline see what are they doing they work hard to earn for them some thing to eat.Great Creature

12. This is really great. Do you know where we can buy a nest like this ?

13. It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

14. A wonderful job. Super helpufl information

15. SteveBrad says:

Excellent Photos….!!!!!
    I liked so much .Thanks a lot for sharing this pictures.Now I am fan of your blog.

16. I really enjoyed this great post and you are very talented and interesting. I really appreciate this excellent post.

17. Thank you for your posting! I think your post is very helpful for me.

18. I wanted to thank you for this great read article! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

19. Let’s take an example of their diligence and creativity and apply in our day life…”

20. the investigation unit at NASA in Florida, USA, in which NASA wants to see how ants make their nests.io0

21. Wow, those pictures are amazing!

I would love to know if that gel is actually food for them?

22. buy aldara says:

23. Jim says:

That structure is insane! I think the ants did a better job than the contractors that built my house, that’s for sure.